Football Integration Development Association
Players of all abilities enjoy a caring environment that promotes fitness, fun, friendship and a real sense of belonging. Participation develops life-skills, self-esteem, confidence and improved health.
F. I. D. A. Inc. is a non-profit organisation whose purposes are to:-
1. Initiate access for persons with an intellectual disability to the game of Australian Rules Football.
2. Develop, manage and promote a football competition relevant to the skill level of persons with an intellectual disability
3. Create necessary skills and confidence in the participants so that integration processes can develop.
4. Encourage existing generic community groups to include persons with an intellectual disability into their clubs.
5. Promote integration to sport providers to encourage a receptive environment which will accommodate the needs of people with intellectual disability.
6. Liaise and co-operate with all organisations that have comparable objectives.
7. Consult with the AFL and relevant councils, individuals and organisations for people with disabilities regarding the competition’s progress.
Could you be eligible to play?
Click here to find out https://fida.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/FIDA-BY-LAWS-Version-18-April-2023-update-AARBC-5.pdf
Coach: Pete ‘Yappa’ Connors
FIDA Manager: Debby Fraumano
Contact: 0403 343 705